Teacher, trainer, and author, Master Douglas L. Wong is the founder of the modern-day White Lotus system of Kung Fu. Master Wong has traveled the world to teach his art through seminars, training camps, movies, videos, and print and electronic media.
His books and videos are:
- Kung Fu, The Way of Life
- Shaolin Fighting—Theories and Concepts
- The Deceptive Hands of Wing Chung
- Kung Fu: The Endless Journey
- Video: "Shaolin Fighting—Theories and Concepts"
- Video: "Chinese Martial Arts Fighting Skills"
- Video: "Chinese In-fighting"
Master Wong has trained various nationally ranked martial artists, and many of his students can be seen in the film and television industry as actors, stuntmen, and fight choreographers. Others have become bodyguards, exerpt consultants, and advisors in the entertainment business. Master Wong has trained:
- Jason Scott Lee (Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story)
- Kevin Sorbo ("Hercules: The Legendary Journey")
- Lucy Lawless ("Xena: Warrior Princess")
- Gina Torres ("Cleopatra 2525")
- Ryan Gosling ("Young Hercules")
Master Wong has been involved in the martial arts for over 40 years. He has studied under a number of great teachers, including:
- Grandmaster Ark Yuey Wong: Five Animal Style (Ng Ying Ga) and Five Family Style (Ng Ga Kin)
- Grandmaster Share K. Lew: Taoist Internal System (Tao On Pai) and Herbal medicine and meditation
- Grandmaster Doo Wai: White Tiger System (Bai Fu Pai) and White Eyebrow System (Bai Fu Pai)
- Master Hsu Hong Chi of the God-Dragon Hsing-I school recommended Master Wong as an overseas advisor for the Taiwan-based Tan Shou Tao Committee of the Taipei Athletic Association
- Sifu Walter Wong: Wing Chun
- Sifu Haumea "Tiny" Lefiti: Mok Ga (Splashing Hands)
- Sifu Richard Wan: Soft Hand System (Yau Kung Mon)
- Dr. Andrew Ming: Acupuncture, massage, and philosophy